CA Real Estate

California Real Estate Law Questions? Get Answers Online Now.

If an renter how was ask to leave is braking window and its…

Customer Question
if an renter how was...
if an renter how was ask to leave is braking window and its hard to proof, what can I do the house is in north cal
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: CA Real Estate
9/19/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, attorney replied 11 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, attorney

Good Day!A few minutes please as I review your question so I can provide you with legal information. Thanks!

i am sorry to hear you are having problems with a tenant.

Essentially a tenant can be evicted if they damage property or break any provision of the rental agreement.

Self help lock outs are illegal in CA so one would need to provide a notice to quit and then if the person remained, they would need to bring an unlawful detainer action.

Normally a broken window can be determined if it was broken from the inside or the outside. A police report would help prove that.

This explains the eviction process:

http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/landlordbook/evictions.shtml

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

the renter left...then the widow got broken... it is hard to prove. what can I do.

The judge would be the person that decides which set of facts is believable. The court will require clear and convincing evidence and that may include testimony.

So if the court finds the landlord to be more believable than the tenant they will render judgment for the landlord.

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

(no additional charges are incurred).

Thank you and take care.