Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I have sued several partners involved in stealing my

Customer Question

I have sued several partners involved in stealing my interests in real property and one of the parties wishes to settle with me, but I am concerned the others will claim that my settling with one partner will let the others off the hook. How can I keep the others, who are really responsible for all the damages, held fully responsible and not use my settling with one as making the rest no longer responsible? Is there language needed in a settlement document to keep the others on the hook (as well as give the one partner their confidentiality in their settlement with me)?
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

As long as you make this person specific here, ***** ***** individually agrees to settle any and all claims arising from .....The parties agree this settlement only pertains to ***** ***** individually and has no effect on other parties that maybe involved in the dispute..something along these lines to make it individual and you retain the right to pursue the others.

This should protect you from any problems regarding the others.It is only singed by you and the one person , it is an individual settlement.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.