How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: CA Real Estate
Satisfied Customers: 118070
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your CA Real Estate Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get a letter from a lawyer stating that a tax sale in

Customer Question

Can I get a letter from a lawyer stating that a tax sale in California wipe off most all other secured claims including trust deeds, judgments and HOA liens.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can get such a letter, but the attorneys on this site are forbidden by state law from representing anyone from this site, so if you need a letter sent to someone or to use locally, you need to hire an attorney locally to do that for you. Actually, the letter you are seeking comes from the tax assessor. In fact, here it is in writing from the San Diego Tax Assessor that such liens are extinguished by the tax sale and you can get the same notice from your own tax assessor conducting the sale. See: