LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have nearly three decades of legal experience, including Real Estate Law, and have held a Real Estate Broker's License.
15277592

I have asked my Mortgage company 4 times to modify or lower

Customer Question

I have asked my Mortgage company 4 times to modify or lower my interest rate and was told no even afterr appealing. They said I make enough monies to pay my mortgage. I have been here since 2004 never refinanced or anything. I went to court and I have a court appointed lawyer and I am 11 months behind in my mortgage and cannot get a loan. My children are all grown and out of the house.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Why are they saying you make enough to pay the mortgage? Did you show them your debt to income and other expenses?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did. I have a temporary positon abd received a raise. I work for the IRS and our seasonals were suppose to have been laid-off in June but as of now it os suppose to be Sepptember 30th. I sent them what my pay will go down to. They count your gross not the net pay.

I do understand. And at this time, what is your question? How did you get appointed an attorney for a matter like this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had to go to court and he was appointed to me.

Thank you. What is your legal question at this time?