CA Real Estate

California Real Estate Law Questions? Get Answers Online Now.

CA Real Estate

If i sue foreclosure and loose my case, is it very much

Customer Question
if i sue for wrongful...
if i sue for wrongful foreclosure and loose my case, is it very much likely i will have to cover the opposing counsels attorney fees?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: CA Real Estate
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/8/2016
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

If the other side prevails they can seek lawyer fees and costs here as a judgment against you.But if you prevail here the court may award you legal fees in such a matter.The winning party here usually gets legal fees from the court here in such a case.The judge has the final say on this.So it may be a factor for you.If such a judgment were issued against you it could be discharged in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing along with your other debts as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer