How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: CA Real Estate
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your CA Real Estate Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Quiet title action4 years ago i entered into a revocable

Customer Question

quiet title action
4 years ago i entered into a revocable trust as i method to forestall foreclosure since then all has moved forward and the person heading up this group doing this was found to be scamming people and all of his assetts and contact disappeared , unfortunately he convinced me to do revocable trust --now none of the signatories is anywhere to be found and thy never sent me a copy of the revocable trust so now as i go to refinance i need to remove the trustees ---question for california approx how long does this take and approx costs and can it be done without a copy of the revocable trust
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A revocable trust offers little to no protection. Really all that needs to be done is a notarized affidavit stating that as grantor of a revocable trust you are hereby revoking the trust and all property in said trust will revert to you, grantor of the trust including but not limited to your home. You file this in your property records office in your county. That would cancel the trust and it does not take any time at all really. You can use an attorney and it would cost less than $500 to undo.