How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask barristerinky Your Own Question
barristerinky, Other
Category: CA Real Estate
Satisfied Customers: 37844
Experience:  Attorney practicing real estate law for over 16 years
Type Your CA Real Estate Question Here...
barristerinky is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a tenant I need to serve a 30 - day to vacate

Customer Question

Hi, I have a tenant I need to serve a 30 - day to vacate notice. What is the proper way to serve her?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..You can either hand deliver the notice, post it on the front door, or send it certified mail. It is any summons and complaint for an unlawful detainer that has to be formally served on the tenant by the sheriff if they don't move out during the 30 day notice. The 30 day doesn't have to be "served", just delivered..As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years....thanksBarrister