LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have nearly three decades of legal experience, including Real Estate Law, and have held a Real Estate Broker's License.
15277592

The answer I just "received" after a security

Customer Question

The answer I just "received" after a security deposit was paid seems to be bogus. First, the link to the "answer" was a dead link. Secondly, the attorney then asked for $452 to give me a phone call to answer the question. This is not the same company I have successfully worked with in the past. What is going on? Did you sell out and now you're a scam company taking people's money? Your company used to be real!
Category: CA Real Estate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please direct the above complaint to management. I also would like my security deposit returned. You guys were never like this. I am flabergasted.$452 for a phone call? What happened to my promised answer for $28?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation. My name is***** am another expert on the forum.

I reviewed the prior question and I believe that I can assist you with a little more direction here.

It appears that what you are looking for is documentation to help you with the payoff on the loan.

The seller's statement is helpful, but it is not definitive (the statement saying the home is sold does not have any bearing on the actual payoff other than being circumstantial evidence to support your position).

If you sold your home with an escrow company or agency (the company that prepared your seller's statement), they should have records for your escrow showing who the final payments went to and be able to provide you with documentation to support the payoff to Wells Fargo, as well as possibly even have check numbers and additional documentation. (The escrow company is going to be your best source of evidence/documentation to support the payoff).

Once you have this documentation, you can forward this to Wells Fargo and their loss mitigation department (whoever it is that you are corresponding with in regards ***** ***** delinquency claim and the credit reporting), and forward this additional documentation along with contact information for the escrow company.

I will forward your question along to Customer Service regarding your concerns with the additional service offer that you received.