CA Real Estate

California Real Estate Law Questions? Get Answers Online Now.

I have entered a small claims case against a corrupt law…

Customer Question
I have entered a small...
I have entered a small claims case against a corrupt law firm who messed up my mortgage (for a fraudulent loan remodification). They contacted me to settle (via letter). I ask in my small claims case for 9100. Should I stick to that number?
I paid 2500 upfront for them to help me with a loan remodification. They told me not to pay my mortgage. I got behind 3 months. My credit got ruined. (from 750ish to 640ish).
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: CA Real Estate
3/3/2016
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

There is an old adage that in small claims court you cannot get what you don't ask for. If you are suing for breach of contract and you are asking for your money back as well as damages for the damage to your credit, there is no reason to lower the amount you are asking the court for. I see no reason based on the facts that you provided not to stick to that number for the small claims court trial.

If you want to negotiate with the Defendant outside of court---well sticking to your number of $9,100 might prevent a good settlement---but that is up to you.

But for court, sure, keep the number you have.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney