How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2020 Your Own Question
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Category: CA Real Estate
Satisfied Customers: 2579
Experience:  I have significant experience in real estate law.
Type Your CA Real Estate Question Here...
Attorney2020 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a residential rental. there is a pipe on the roof

Customer Question

I own a residential rental. there is a pipe on the roof coming from the bathroom. the seal around it has worn off and water has been leaking into the bathroom wall for some time. you can see that water is coming from the pipe in the attic during rains. I have allied insurance, will they cover the damage inside ( i'm not worried about the roof).
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: CA Real Estate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a picture if you want .
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

The insurance policy will have certain terms I would report the damage to the carrier as soon as possible as there are timelines when coverage triggers but if you wait that may impact your ability to be covered. Without reviewing the insurance policy and knowing the terms, I am unable to speculate as to whether your are covered but homeowners/landlord's/renters insurance is very broad and the situation may be covered.

I hope that helped. Pleas ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.