How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: CA Real Estate
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I have experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses, and other individuals in real estate matters.
Type Your CA Real Estate Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a condo unit owner who needed a plumbing repair that I

Customer Question

I am a condo unit owner who needed a plumbing repair that I did not have access to...The plumber had to cut a 2 foot hole in my ceiling to make the repair. The CC& R's states that I am only reasonable for pipe that I do have reasonable access to. The Association
refused to pay the bill of $490. and are threatening to file a lien/foreclosure for the $490 plus an additional $500 for attorney fees and other charges.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Davis Stirling provides you with alternative dispute resolution (you get an opportunity to dispute this informally with your board prior to having to go to court over the matter - as an owner, you have a right to this dispute resolution).

Contact the board (in writing) and make a formal request for dispute resolution (see:

If this fails, you can then file a small claims case (this is well below the $10,000.00 CA small claims limit) for breach of contract, the court can issue declaratory relief regarding each parties' respective liability under the terms of your CC&Rs). See: for specific details on this process, and the court forms that you will use.