How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Price, Esq Your Own Question
Richard Price, Esq
Richard Price, Esq, Attorney
Category: CA Real Estate
Satisfied Customers: 59
Experience:  Attorney at The Law Office of Richard Samuel Price
Type Your CA Real Estate Question Here...
Richard Price, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I only wish to hear from a california attorney with

Customer Question

I only wish to hear from a california attorney with experience in real estates. I had a licensed air conditioning contractor install central heating and air in 2013. It took nearly two years of prodding to get him to come out and make the work permitted
(it was installed in such a way as it would never get a permit). Now he did the work in April. It broke, he fixed it. But it failed the first inspection. The second inspection failed also and he left certain cosmetic parts of it unfinished. After the second
failed inspection, he has just ignored two emails and two texts and 1 or 2 calls. I have had it with him. I filed on his bond. It has been since July 22nd since the guy just started ignoring me. I kept copies of all communication, especially his repeated failures
to respond and have sent those on to the bond company and the CSLB. The bond company rejected the bond application based upon the fact that the current bond does not cover work not done correctly two years ago. Moreover, they say that this current contract
(I had one drawn up) had no consideration—therefore, was not a new contract, hence no need to pay. I thought about emailing them back and saying the consideration was—in fact-- my not filing against their bond nor making a complaint to the California State
Contractors License Board.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  Richard Price, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Again, you can write a demand letter to the contractor to fix the issue or to pay for the cost of someone else to fix it. If he doesn't respond, then you can sue him in small claims court.