How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: CA Real Estate
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I have experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses, and other individuals in real estate matters.
Type Your CA Real Estate Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to use a statutory right of redemption to redeem

Customer Question

I am trying to use a statutory right of redemption to redeem a property in CA that was judicially foreclosed. Who do I contact to determine where and how much to pay?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

Here is a link to a guide on this procedure:

(You are probably having trouble finding information on this, as judicial foreclosure is rarely used in CA (for a variety of reasons), and of the small number of debtors that are involved in this proceeding, only a very small proportion of them are able to use the redemption remedy - so there isn't a lot written about it).