CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I have experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses, and other individuals in real estate matters.
71563194

I am trying to use a statutory right of redemption to redeem

Customer Question

I am trying to use a statutory right of redemption to redeem a property in CA that was judicially foreclosed. Who do I contact to determine where and how much to pay?
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

Here is a link to a guide on this procedure: http://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/a-brief-guide-to-redemption-of-californi-67450/.

(You are probably having trouble finding information on this, as judicial foreclosure is rarely used in CA (for a variety of reasons), and of the small number of debtors that are involved in this proceeding, only a very small proportion of them are able to use the redemption remedy - so there isn't a lot written about it).