How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: CA Real Estate
Satisfied Customers: 7415
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your CA Real Estate Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son bought the real state property and my daughter in law

Customer Question

My son bought the real state property and my daughter in law is included in the deed . My son is willing to share a portion of the property to his older brother (per our agreement before the sale) by including his name in the account or deed but she disagrees.
My youngest son-now the owner wants to remove the wife's name in the deed or title and include the older brother:s name instead. Is this possible to do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
No. That is not possible. Once a deed is recorded the names on it cannot be changed. A new deed from the current owners is required for that. Daughter in law must sign it. I hope this information is helpful.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
Hello Again. Do you have any further questions? If not, I hope that you will take the time to enter a positive rating for my Answer so that I will be compensated for assisting you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.