How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2020 Your Own Question
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Category: CA Real Estate
Satisfied Customers: 2578
Experience:  I have significant experience in real estate law.
Type Your CA Real Estate Question Here...
Attorney2020 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need some help in knowing how to proceed in taking care of

Customer Question

I need some help in knowing how to proceed in taking care of some Real Estate related issues. What I need is a detailed document showing what all Taxes (especially Capital Gains) will need to be paid when a property located in Toronto Canada is sold (possibly
this year or next year). The property was purchased in 1993 for $543,000 and has since appreciated in value to an estimate of 1.25 Million Canadian dollars.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: CA Real Estate
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 2 years ago.
Did you make any improvements? If so, how much did you spend on improvements?
Also, is the property a residential property or investments property? If a residential property, did you live in the residence as your home? If so, how long?