CA Real Estate

California Real Estate Law Questions? Get Answers Online Now.

I need some help in knowing how to proceed in taking care of…

Customer Question
I need some help in...
I need some help in knowing how to proceed in taking care of some Real Estate related issues. What I need is a detailed document showing what all Taxes (especially Capital Gains) will need to be paid when a property located in Toronto Canada is sold (possibly
this year or next year). The property was purchased in 1993 for $543,000 and has since appreciated in value to an estimate of 1.25 Million Canadian dollars.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: CA Real Estate
6/2/2015
Lawyer: Attorney2020, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Did you make any improvements? If so, how much did you spend on improvements?
Also, is the property a residential property or investments property? If a residential property, did you live in the residence as your home? If so, how long?