CA Real Estate

California Real Estate Law Questions? Get Answers Online Now.

CA Homestead Filing

Customer Question
CA Homestead Filing
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: CA Real Estate
If I file homestead my property will it protect the total value against Liens, etc. or only a part?
or will it protect the total equity only or only a part of the equity?
Answered in 1 day by:
6/1/2015
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 3 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law
Hello This is Samuel and I will provide you information in this regard The homestead law does not protect the homestead from 1 Voluntary liens such as a mortgage or deed of trust, 2 Mechanics’ liens, 3 Judgment liens for child or spousal support, OR 4 Federal tax liens Additionally, if a judgment was obtained prior to the recording of declared homestead, the special features of the declared homestead will not apply. You can review the CA Law in this matter here