California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

If I go on FMLA will my employer make me use my vacation and…

If I go on FMLA...
If I go on FMLA will my employer make me use my vacation and sick time up
5/29/2018
jaccorps_esq
jaccorps_esq, Lawyer.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Legally, they can. The FMLA law specifically allows an employer to use your vacation and sick leave simultaneously with with FMLA. It is written directly into the Code of Federal regulations.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/29/825.207

Now, an employer doesn't have to substitute vacation, but they can choose to do so.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Please DON’T rate my service until after you have asked any follow up questions that you have, so that I have the best opportunity to earn all 5 stars. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care, have a great day and please don’t forget to rate my service.

Great service and my question was answered in a way that was easy to understand

Thank you. Take care.

jaccorps_esq
jaccorps_esq, Lawyer.