California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

Is there a law that protects people who report accounting…

Customer Question
Is there a law that...
Is there a law that protects people who report accounting fraud to the owners?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
I'm sorry. This is for Texas law.
3/26/2018
California Employment Lawyer: legalg, Other replied 3 months ago
legalg
legalg, Other

Hi! A few minutes please as I review your question so I can provide you with legal information-thanks!

Thank you for requesting me;

The Sarbanes Oxley Act only protects employees in certain limited situations and this is generally involving publicly traded companies, nursing homes, etc.

As for TX law specifically, Texas Government Code 554.001 only protects public employees.

Please see:

http://www.dob.texas.gov/whistleblower

TX has the least protective statutes as to private employees.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.