California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

Does my therapy time counts as part of my 8 hours of work or…

Customer Question
Does my therapy time...

Does my therapy time counts as part of my 8 hours of work or my employer is right when asking me to work the time I went to therapy?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I'm a USPS employee on limited duty n I do have APWU union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I should not work over 8 hours

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
3/21/2018
California Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Could you explain a little more?

Is your therapy work related?

Have you contacted your Union Rep about this issue?

Thank you for your cooperation.