California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I am in california and I signed a non-compete with a

Customer Question
I am in california...

I am in california and I signed a non-compete with a recruiting company to provide my services with for a client. That recruiting company is charging a very large fee to allow the company to go direct. If I form an LLC, can this void the non-compete I signed as a W2 employee?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the non-compete agreement with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Neither

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I am an at will employee

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's about it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
California Employment Lawyer: nyclawyer, Attorney replied 3 months ago
nyclawyer
nyclawyer, Attorney
A non competition will only bind the signatory. Not an entity or foreign party.Non Non competes are rarely enforced. they need to be very limited in time and space. unless a few miles and months will typically fail. Most employers wont even pursue it and clients are free to choose for themselves!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I believe that non-competes are void in California. Would this be considered a non-compete situation?
Absolutely. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”