California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I had surgery in Feb and the doctor released me back to work…

Customer Question
I had surgery in...

I had surgery in Feb and the doctor released me back to work today. I cant go back to work until I see the company's doctor, can they do this. The doctor filled out a form saying I need no reduced work schedule or any other adjustments at work. What would the meeting be for if I had the doctor fill out a released to work form created by the company? Should I answer any questions from their doctor?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

We have a union , however no union representative at this momont

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

None at this time

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
3/13/2018
California Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 5 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Your Questions:

I had surgery in Feb and the doctor released me back to work today. I cant go back to work until I see the company's doctor, can they do this.

Response 1: Unfortunately, they can.

The doctor filled out a form saying I need no reduced work schedule or any other adjustments at work. What would the meeting be for if I had the doctor fill out a released to work form created by the company?

Response 2: The doctor needs to physically examine you in order to clear you for work.

Should I answer any questions from their doctor?

Response 3: Unfortunately, you do not have any choice. You have to answer the questions. Otherwise, you would not be allowed back to work.

<p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt">I am sorry that I do not have better news for you. However, as an Attorney and an Officer of the Court, I have ethical and professional obligation to provide you with accurate and honest information eventhough that information may not be in your favor. <p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt"> <p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt">Best wishes,<p style="margin-top:2.7pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.7pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:13.6pt"> <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.