California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I have a doctor's note on my wife that says I can't work…

Customer Question
I have a doctor's...

I have a doctor's note on my wife that says I can't work night or weekend my company wants me to do fmla for this. Can it be done and how. Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I work over time during the week

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
3/13/2018
California Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Marsha411JD, Attorney

Thank you for the information and your question, however, I am unclear about what you mean by "can it be done and how." Can you explain what you are trying to find out? Are you asking if your employer can require you to apply for FMLA, or are you asking how you go about getting the paperwork processed?