California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I live in Los Angeles and I have a some job conserns,

Customer Question
I live in Los...

I live in Los Angeles and I have a some job conserns

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Union full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was on disability due to stress and filed a workers comp claim and have an attorney but my boss is denying my works comp doc appointments and denying me my vacation because I was off My union, HR, City Manager is aware of this and nothing is being done

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
1/20/2018
California Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Have you contacted your worker's compensation Attorney about this issue?

Thank you for your cooperation.

I forward them all them denied slips and the email that from the director that states "Denied because you were on an extended leave". I'm just wondering if I have the right type of attorney for this particular matter. Just not sure who to go to anymore. I had to reach out to the Executive Director at the union headquarters just to get a grievance filed since my union reps never assisted me.

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Workers' Compensation Attorney should be able to assist you with this since this has to do with your Workers' Compensation case. The Attorney needs to reach out to the law firm representing the employer and let the law firm know that he would be filing complaint with Workers' Compensation Board if the employer does not approve your appointments. You may also contact Workers Compensation Board directly if your Attorney is not being helpful. Click here for contact information.

If your workers' Compensation Attorney has not done much work, you may consider looking for another Attorney. You should also ask the Attorney to sign a release that he will not seek compensation from the replacement Attorney. This release would make it easier for you to obtain another Attorney because no Attorney wants to do all the work, but has to share the fee with another Attorney.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you!!!!! :)

You are quite Welcome!

Thank you for your cooperation.