California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I am the manager at my family business and had a customer…

Customer Question
I am the manager...

I am the manager at my family business and had a customer write a check that bounced I would like to help from a lawyer to recover funds of $18k

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No.. I attempted several calls and text with no response from customer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not with this situation. I just received a plaintiff claim from a customer suing me dirrecrtly but my family business is a corporation, shouldn't costumer be making the claim to the corporation?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
1/18/2018
California Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 6 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I'm confused by your last statement. Kindly clarify.

Is the Plaintiff the same customer that wrote the "Not Sufficient Check?"

Thank you for your cooperation.

No two different customers

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your concerns:

Response 1: I am sorry about this. You would need the services of a local Attorney who handles collection cases to assist you with the case. Unfortunately, this site does not offer legal representation.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com Justia.com Findlaw.com

I just received a plaintiff claim from a customer suing me dirrecrtly but my family business is a corporation, shouldn't costumer be making the claim to the corporation? Response 2: Yes. So, you need to file Motion to Dismiss for Improper Party. Best wishes, <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt"> Thank you for your cooperation.