California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I have a question concerning my open California State

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question concerning my open California State Disability.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'm currently collecting benefits

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was disabled due to a medical condition that prevented me from performing my duties as a professional Class A Driver. The condition has resulted in the suspension of my license. i f I terminate my employment and take a medical retirement can I continue to collect a Disability Benefit while I search for other non driving employment?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
Separating from my employer is necessary to continue my medical benefits for which coverage by the company and the Union expires after 6 months. I'd would retain my benefits as a medical retiree. I'd no longer be able to perform my duties as a Driver but would seek other employment that my condition doesn't exclude me from performing.
once separated; would the collection of a Medical Retirement Pension Benefit from the Teamsters be an offset to any State Disability Benefit pmts to me? Thanks
I'll take my answer(s) offline in my e-mail. Thanks you
Still haven't received an answer, is this still in progress?
Answered in 1 day by:
1/15/2018
California Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Greetings. If there's been an answer to my question, i can't view it. If it's still in progress, please advise. Thanks

Hi, it looks like you posted your original question at night when most experts are offline. I just received word about this question today, so let me take a look and I'll respond to you momentarily.

Conversation via phone is problematic,..i have the flu. Thanks

Oh, that’s not a problem with the phone call. The system automatically asks if you want one, but there is no problem declining the request. One moment while I review your situation.

So, if I can inquire: are you getting disability payments from the state or through a private provider?

Once again, the State of California