California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I have been called to an investigation meeting with my

Customer Question
I have been called...

I have been called to an investigation meeting with my employer based on a complaint that another employee said i have been rude and condescending for 2 years. The interrogation is on Tuesday. I would like an advocate with me. Is this possible?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The employer is a local government-San Gabriel, California I am a part-time employee with no contract

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

No union. Part time (over 7 years). no employment agreement

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That this may be retaliation from another employee.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
Answered in 1 day by:
1/14/2018
California Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

You need to look at your company policies and see if they allow attorneys to attend. Some entities do and some do not

The notice of interview says specifically that I can take an attorney.

Then you absolutely should. I'd contact the local bar association tomorrow and ask for a referral to an employee-side labor attorney referral in your area.