California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

Marsi I worked for local 324 from 1987 to 1995 they say I am…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** I worked for local 324 from 1987 to 1995 they say I am short seven to 10 hours to become vested I believe I had a total of 9800 hours but all of my papers burned in Sonoma county wildfires I was told if I worked any hours for state contract after that they the union could add them with I did work for prevailing wage a year later would like to know what are my options

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Yes it is california

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No just trying some compensation for my work have talked to them and they told me to talk to a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes can they help me

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
Also worked for union contract 1997
1/12/2018
California Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If you did work to make up for the shortage, then you should be vested. If the Union does not meet its part of the bargain--if the Union is still indicating that you are not vested, then you need to file complaint with U.S. Department of Labor, Employee Benefits Security Administration ("EBSA") to further assist you with the case.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law