California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I am looking for an attorney with experience in workers

Customer Question
Hello, I am looking...

Hello, I am looking for an attorney with experience in workers compensation

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is all work related, harassment and unprofessionalism, as long as they have experience in that field please.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
1/8/2018
California Employment Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Attorney replied 4 months ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney

Which town is this in?

Were you injured on the job, or suffered harassment or discrimination?

Please describe the situation a little more.

I have been working for my employer for approximately 2 years. I am a branch manager of a staffing agency in Hacienda Heights. Approximately 3 months ago, I received a write up regarding my work performance declining. I disagree with that write up completely because I have not only helped the company grow, I haveworked several hours before and after my shift to make sure everything is done. I believe I am being harassed because the owner of the company had a cousin of hers working at my branch as a front desk receptionist who lacked the skills necessary to perform her duties and had a terrible work ethic. I brought the issue up to upper management and they favored her to the point to where I received the initial write up about my "poor work ethic". Since then I have been experiencing harassment from the owner of the company in the form of harassing emails, yelling at me over the phone and contacts me via personal social media to ask questions about work. Last week I received a second write up stating my work ethic is lacking, bad attendance (I have missed 3 days last month because my 1 year old was sick), and having an attitude. The write up states it is my "final warning" which has caused me to have severe anxiety and panic attacks because I know how this company works and they tend to start a paper trail before terminating somebody. I believe I am being targeted and harassed and want to know how to start a workers comp claim for stress.
LawTalk, Attorney