California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I have a small California based consulting business. So far,

Customer Question
it has been me with...
I have a small California based consulting business. So far, it has been me with no employees on payroll. My first full time employee comes on board next week. I want to make sure I am in compliance with all local (Los Angeles), state (California) and federal employee related laws. I need to get a checklist of all applicable laws and regulations to review. Thanks.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
1/5/2018
California Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Usually there are not many local employment laws but state and federal do apply. An accountant can help you with your federal tax obligations with respect to payroll. Family Medical Leave Act does not apply to your business based on the facts you mentioned. This is agood source. http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/dlse-faqs.htm