California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I was falsely accused at work and they suspended me until…

Customer Question
I was falsely accused...

I was falsely accused at work and they suspended me until they investigate. My issue is she has made racial epithets towards me and sexual remarks but being a guy I didn't go to H.R. I thought was cool with her sexual remarks It was like she was one of the guys until I asked her out. She said no and that was the end of our conversation and she never talked to me again.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

California.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I don't think I need a lawyer. I have her text when she made sexual comments.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have all the text between us.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
12/27/2017
California Employment Lawyer: PaulmoJD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
PaulmoJD
PaulmoJD, Attorney

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If you have proof of the racial comments and sexual remarks made to you, then you can file your own sexual harassment and retaliation complaint with the EEOC. There is no law even under sexual harassment preventing one employee from asking another employee out only one time and not pursuing it if rejected. However, there is an alarming trend in the workplace that any comment to a female employee, even one regarding work, can be complained of and can ruin someone's career. So at this point you need to take two steps. First, make your own sexual harassment and retaliation claim with the EEOC. Second I would get yourself a local attorney for representation and sue her for defamation/slander for making the claim of sexual harassment after she was the one who initiated racial and sexual comments towards you in the workplace and for making a complaint after only one time you asked her out.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.