California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I am currently disabled due to a work injury. I am not able…

Customer Question
I am currently disabled...

I am currently disabled due to a work injury. I am not able to walk or stand long. I worked at Kohl's. We get 15% employee discount but occasionally get 35%. This weekend it was the higher. I tried to order online items because I can't walk right now. However, due to my limit of $200, and each item being 160, they said I had to split them because they couldn't do two lines of payment. However, the one I paid with a visa wouldn't get the discount, even though in the store you can pay with two different cards. So I then asked if I could pay with my Kohls and then pay off the balance and then charge it again. They said yes. So I bought one and when I tried to make a payment they said I had to wait until the order was processed until I could pay off the balance. So I called today because the discount is ending. They said it still hasn't processed and they don't have the capabilities so its just too bad but I am not going to get the discount since I can't physically go into the store and they aren't set up to take immediate payments. I don't think this is right that I have to pay more for being disabled.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. I am just wondering if this goes against ADA rules

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
12/18/2017
California Employment Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 7 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I can assist?