California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I have a 2 part question; I work for Summerville Elementary…

Customer Question
I have a 2...

I have a 2 part question; I work for Summerville Elementary School is Tuolumne, California. This year all the classified employees got to gather and formed a Union. We are still working on are charter, the school board has recognized us as such in June. My first question ? there are a couple of employees who are classified as supervisors, can they be represented by our union?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California, I thought the Us Supreme court decided this in the 1930, about labor unions

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Not sure what at will means

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes my second question is there has been several over payments on our payroll, what are our options for repayment

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Where do I pay

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
Answered in 4 days by:
12/5/2017
California Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Under CA law, Management, supervisor, and confidential employees are excluded from collective bargaining under the Dills Act. The CA law has what is called the "Excluded Employees Bill of Rights Act," which requires CalHR to meet and confer with organizations representing these "excluded" employees regarding their wages, hours, and working conditions. So, the employees union cannot have supervisors or managers as part of that bargaining union.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.