California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

If I'm accused of harassment of an employee or employees and…

Customer Question
if I'm accused of harassment...
if I'm accused of harassment of an employee or employees and suspended when do i find out the verdict
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
11/29/2017
California Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Good evening and welcome.

Unfortunately, the law does not provide any sort of timetable for these sorts of decisions. Employment in California is "at wil" absent an agreement to the contrary which means that employment can be terminated for any reason not amounting to discrimination on the basis of a legally protected trait (race, religion, gender, etc.) or retaliation for engaging in certain forms of legally protected conduct (filing a wage claim, taking FMLA leave, etc.). It doesn't matter whether the basis for termination is fair, reasonable or even true.

Since employers can simply choose to terminate the employment relationship at any time, the law places on limitation on an employer's ability to suspend an employee, which is a lesser form of discipline. All you can do in most cases is continue waiting and cooperating with your employer's investigation. You can certainly followup with them and attempt to reason with them that it is unfair to keep you in the dark, but from a legal standpoint you would not typically have any recourse or leverage.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

well this employer dominos to be exact was time clock adjustment by my manager and I never found out by her manager what happened to my loss wages

Thank you. *****'m not sure what you are asking exactly?

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup because this question was still open and I have not heard back from you. Was there anything more I can do to assist you? Please let me know....