California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

If I’m on SDI because of a disability and my company has…

Customer Question
If I’m on SDI because...
If I’m on SDI because of a disability and my company has been paying for me health insurance, under what circumstances can they put me on COBRA instead and how far in advance do they have to me tell in the state of California?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
11/23/2017
California Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your Questions:

If I’m on SDI because of a disability and my company has been paying for me health insurance, under what circumstances can they put me on COBRA instead

Response 1: If your work hours are reduced or if you are terminated.

and how far in advance do they have to me tell in the state of California?

Response 2: 90 days. For Frequently asked questions on COBRA, click here.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.