California Employment Law

Have California Employment Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer.

California Employment Law

I'm a 1099 employee in california, am i required to give two

i'm a 1099 employee in...
i'm a 1099 employee in california, am i required to give two weeks notice
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: i'm not an employee, i'm a contractor ... they pay no fica, payroll, or ss for me and i have no healthcare
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have a bi-weekly timesheet for hourly wages and most of my compensation is for consulting fees i'm ready to leave and start my own firm and i have a number of clients who'd rather go with me
11/19/2017
socrateaser, Lawyer

The answer is that unless you have a written contract that obligates you to provide two-weeks notice, and that obligates the employer to maintain your employment for at least one month, then you don't have to provide any notice at all. See Cal. Labor Code Section 2922.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer
socrateaser, Lawyer