California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I have applied for disability, my boss wants to give me my…

Customer Question
I have applied for...

I have applied for disability, my boss wants to give me my vacation and some commission I have coming do I have to report the disability insurance?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Yes at will, full time was on salary

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Also they had me on the insurance to drive a vehicle my boss took me off the insurance and took the car back

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
11/17/2017
California Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Unfortunately, the EDD explicitly states that both vacation days and commission payments need to be reported when receiving SDI. So, yes, you would definitely want to report these things on your claim form.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....