California Employment Law

Have California Employment Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer.

California Employment Law

I WAS TERMINATED 10/5/2017. CHECK STUBS WERE SENT TO MY

I WAS TERMINATED 10/5/2017....
I WAS TERMINATED 10/5/2017. CHECK STUBS WERE SENT TO MY EMAIL ON THAT DAY. ON APPROX 10/10/2017 MONIES WERE SENT TO MY BANK. I HAD TO EMAIL THE EMPLOYER BEFORE ACTION WAS TAKEN. AMOUNT $5000 ISH, 4 WEEKS VACATION PAY AND THE REST IN COMMISSIONS. SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS WERE NOT PAID IN COMMISSION EVEN THOUGH I HAD REQUESTED PAYMENT 2 TO 3 TIME.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CALIFORNIA. I KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT CA LABOR LAWS BECAUSE I WAS AN EMPLOYER
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: CA IS AN AT WILL STATE AND THE POSITION BY CONTRACT WAS PART TIME SALES
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: THE EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT WAS $3000 PER MONTH FOR 20 HOURS PER WEEK WITH $50 PER SET UP COMMISSION. VERY SIMPLE. THE FIRM THAT PURCHASED MY COMPANY 12/6/2016 IS AN OUT OF STATE COMPANY WHO DOES NOT KNOW CA LABOR LAW AND DISREGARDS ***** ***** AT BEST
11/10/2017
nyclawyer
nyclawyer, Attorney
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
LATER WOULD BE OK. CAN YOU CALL ME ABOUT 9;00am pst? (###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I KNOW THAT THESE ISSUES ARE NOT EASY
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NOT SURE WHAT TO DO TO GET MORE INFORMATION
You can pursue an unpaid wage claim. This may be done through the labor board of an employment lawyer. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THIS IS A GOOD START FOR ME. NO PHONE CALL NEEDED AT THIS TIME, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU IN THE NEXT TWO WEEK. HOW DO I PAY IF I NEED TO PAY? I DON'T HAVE A SMART PHONE, BUT I HAVE A FLIP PHONE. TEXTING DOESN'T WORK.

Very welcome. You can come back anytime. Kindly rate me 5 stars for my reply.

nyclawyer
nyclawyer, Attorney
Phone call session started
nyclawyer
nyclawyer
nyclawyer, Attorney