California Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified california employment lawyer who will answer your question

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi, Attorney

More related answers
All california employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I currently run a business in the state of California. There
socrateaser, california employment lawyer
I currently run a business in the state of California. There are 18 total employees. Me and my father are the only exempt employees, the rest of my employees are non-exempt.I have questions revolving … read more
To make a story short... I pay my employees cash on saturday
legalg
legalg, Other
to make a long story short... I pay my employees cash on saturday because it is a half day and it avoids overtime. Recently I had an employee quite and then threaten to report us if we didn't pay out … read more
It's story so I make it short. I make the final settlement
Law Educator, Esq., california employment lawyer
it's long story so I make it short. I make the final settlement for my formal staff for over time total $4500 whatever they calculate overtime. But they asking $14,000. I never want this guy rid me of… read more
Dear Attorney Patrick, How are you? We have an employee
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
Dear Attorney Patrick, How are you? We have an employee employed at 2 ice cream stores (A & B) in California. Both stores are under separate S-corporations so is on 2 payrolls. He recently took a loan… read more
We are a small company based in California - company A. I
Joseph
Joseph, Attorney at Law
We are a small company based in California - company A. I am the manager of company A and part owner. I employed a welder 4 years ago (he has since resigned). While employed he was paid by company A r… read more
We run a court referral program for community service; one
We run a court referral program for community service; one of the court workers has brought in 2 bottles of prescription Ibuprofen to give to an employee who happened to not be in the in the office to… read more
I filed a wage claim for unpaid overtime. Is it against the
Joseph
Joseph, Attorney at Law
I filed a wage claim for unpaid overtime. Is it against the law (CA) to work more than eight in in one day? Can the company force an employee to take off time equal to the overtime hours worked instea… read more
I was terminated from my job . I was working for a home owners
Joseph
Joseph, Attorney at Law
I was terminated from my job . I was working for a home owners association. I was terminated for not getting workers compensation insurance. I was misclassified as a vendor but after contacting the IR… read more
my employer wants to reclassify my position after 7 years at
Joseph
Joseph, Attorney at Law
my employer wants to reclassify my position after 7 years at the same wage and reduce my pay.They are also bringing in a temp-to-hire person to do my job and I am still expected to work alongside this… read more
Hi My husband and I are both immigrants from Ireland and from
Joseph
Joseph, Attorney at Law
Hi My husband and I are both immigrants from Ireland and from Denmark, having lived and worked here for 20 years. I as a registered Nurse and my husband succesfully running his own Plastering and Stuc… read more
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a nuclear security officer
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a nuclear security officer with PG&E at Diablo Canyon. I'm contacting you with hopes that you can provide an unbiased legal determination in regards XXXXX XXXXX alternative… read more
I have a labor board hearing for Contract laborer who filed
Joseph
Joseph, Attorney at Law
I have a labor board hearing for Contract laborer who filed a against me; but was employed by labor company. I paid some o/t on side. Can I just write to Labor board and state it's a false claim to av… read more
I hired construction contract labor(s) and some o/t hours were
Joseph
Joseph, Attorney at Law
I hired construction contract labor(s) and some o/t hours were not reported; and I paid. I was reported to Labor Board for not paying fast enough. He also stole materials… read more
I do payroll for a Hospital in California and I am an Hourly
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
I do payroll for a Hospital in California and I am an Hourly employee. My job went non-union in Feb. 2012. I was told nothing would be different but I was just "Non-Union. I went along with the change… read more
if i wasnt awared of california overtime law can i get a warning
Joseph
Joseph, Attorney at Law
if i wasnt awared of california overtime law can i get a warning cause im being sue for labor code 1194.2 & section 203… read more
My husband has been working diligently for a company for about
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
My husband has been working diligently for a company for about a year and a half. Because of his dedication and wanting to help the company and to meet company deadlines many times he worked past his … read more
I have a small contracting business in California. I need
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, JD Honors Graduate
I have a small contracting business in California. I need to layoff a worker (highest paid most recently hired), because I do not have work for him. He has just filed a complaint with the labor board … read more
We had hired a person on a 90 day trial. WE Will PAY A BONUS
We had hired a person on a 90 day trial. They were hired as an exempt employee. All our employees are given a very thourough handbook that lists their rights and our policies. He did not make it thru … read more