California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I am wondering i am still on my dads medical and dental

Customer Question
insurance i have both a...
i am wondering i am still on my dads medical and dental insurance i have both a physical and non physical disability i am wondering if there is a way where i can have his insurance for life and if so how do i go about doing that
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
11/6/2017
California Employment Lawyer: legalg, Other replied 8 months ago
legalg
legalg, Other
Unfortunately under the affordable care act an insurer is only legally obligated to provide insurance for an insured's children that are under age 26. Per the affordable care act every person must have applicable insurance or pay the fine. Healthcare.gov has an application one can complete to determine if they are eligible for subsidies which may result in very low insurance premiums and copays.
my dentist said that she has a patient that has a disability and she has her parents insurance for life
It is possible that the state has such requirements but the federal law does not mandate this. Please seehttps://nationaldisabilitynavigator.org/2015/04/16/enrolling-an-adult-dependent-with-a-disability/
Normally the adult child must be a dependent to qualify.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information