California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

We have a co-worker in the office that is always causing…

Customer Question
We have a co-worker in...
We have a co-worker in the office that is always causing arguments, pushing buttons etc. I work with her just 2 days a week and the day before we're working together and that day i always have a bad headache and an upset stomach. Can i go out on disability?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
11/5/2017
California Employment Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

If you can show that you are unable to work for eight consecutive days, then you are entitled to State Disability Insurance (SDI) benefits.

However, unless you have worked at least 12 months and 1,250 hours for your employer, then your employer can terminate your employment immediately after you use any accrued sick leave benefits (typically a maximum of six days). If you have worked the required 12X1,250 for the employer (and the employer has at least 50 employees within a 75 mile radius of your place of employment), then you can have up to 12 weeks leave, and retain your right to return to your job at the end of that time period.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer