California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I own a preschool. Community Care Licensing ( a division of…

Customer Question
I own a preschool....
I own a preschool. Community Care Licensing ( a division of the Dept of Social Services) requires that any person hired as a teacher needs to have a health report in their file stating that they can perform the required duties. Am I obligated to pay for the dr. examination required to get this form filled out as well as her missed time from work.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/27/2017
California Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a CA licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The answer to your question is no. You do not have to pay for the screening report and you don't have to pay to for the time off. The state only requires that somebody provide this documentation. Only if you privately agree with the employee that you are going to pay for the report and pay for the time off would you be obligated to do so. Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.