California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

I want to file a whistleblower protection complaint. Do I…

Customer Question
Hello, I want to...

Hello, I want to file a whistleblower protection complaint. Do I initially file with DFEH or The California State Auditor?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will, full-time

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: California Employment Law
9/26/2017
California Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

By "whistleblower protection complaint" do you mean a complaint for retaliation because you blew the whistle on your employer? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

I am a RN who turned in a Doctor under the influence of alcohol on the job at a California State Prison. 2 hours later, I was terminated

Thank you. You are correct that you may very well have a claim. Previously, there was conclusion as to whether such a claim required the exhaustion of administrative remedies prior to filing. However, as this opinion letter from the DLSE clarifies, exhaustion of administrative remedies is not a requirement and the plaintiff can proceed directly to filing a lawsuit in civil court.

I would retain a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find one here.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup because this question was still open and I have not heard back from you. Was there anything more I can do to assist you? Did you get a chance to review my answer to your question? Please let me know....