LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

Terminated for sleeping during work hours. story, short:

Customer Question

Terminated for sleeping during work hours. Long story, short: began to feel ill at work. Rather than go home, after discussing w/ the other managers on duty, we agreed that I would put my head down in the office for a while to see if I felt better. I did feel better shortly thereafter and allowed the rest of the management team to leave while I took over. It is also noted that another my direct informed me previously that another manager had been sleeping in the mornings.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will, non-union, full time, salary
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: actual termination listed is "policy violation." It may be that EDD denied claim?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Can you share with me what your question is? Do you want to know if you were wrongfully terminated?