California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

Currently have my own business and now will be working for a…

Customer Question
Currently have my own...

Currently have my own business and now will be working for a company. In the new hire packet there a form called outside employment activity application. The job is in California. Does this apply to businesses owned or only for employment at other companies?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Full time, sorry

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: California Employment Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When will I receive a response?
4/2/2017
California Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Your Question:

Response: Apply to businesses owned because that would fall under outside employment activity.

Best wishes,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
By California law a company has the right to require permission to have an outside job or company? Also, I have an LLC due to land I inherited and rent out. Do I need permission from my company for the LLC?

I am sorry, but I do not understand your follow-up questions.

Kindly clarify.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The company is asking me
To fill out a form to request permission for to work outside of the company. I currently own my own business and have an LLC. Can the company require me to obtain permission to keep my business and LLC?

Thank you for the information.

Yes. However, since you own your own business, you can complete the form to give your permission.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, they want me to receive permission from them.

Do you have other members in your LLC?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
family members. We established the LLC due to farmland we inherited and rent out.

Thank you for the information.

The members need to give you this permission by doing a resolution. Click here for sample LLC Resolution template.

A 5-star rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive proper credit for responding to your post. Kindly use the popup screen to give the rating. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.