California Employment Law

Have California employment law questions? Ask a lawyer.

Do i need to get workers compensation for my contruction…

Do i need to get...
Do i need to get workers compensation for my contruction company if i hire my dad and my brother?
2/12/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You have to have it if you have any employees here in California whether they are related to you or not.

All California employers must provide workers’ compensation benefits to their employees under California Labor Code Section 3700. If a business employs one or more employees, then it must satisfy the requirement of the law.

https://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/faqs.html

No way around it here in California they are real strict all employees must be covered as per the above.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is always much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer
Ray, Lawyer