How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12209
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have my active work comp case that my attorneys

Customer Question

I have my active work comp case that my attorneys faunce,pingel,& singer dropped and I haven't heard from since-1978 case is pemding-anything I can about now?
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

I'm sorry to say that if nothing has happened since 1978, then it is too late to file any legal action against the employer for any injury, and it is also too late to take any legal action against the law firm that dropped the ball and did nothing in the case. The statute of limitations in these types of cases are generally between 2 and 5 years ... certainly after nearly 40 years it is too late for any legal action of any kind.

I am truly sorry for the bad news, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know and I will be happy to clarify my answer.

Also, despite the bad news, I would certainly appreciate it if you remember to provide a positive rating via the stars, as it is the only way that I'll get credit for answering your question(s). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.

Related California Employment Law Questions