TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I have my active work comp case that my attorneys

Customer Question

I have my active work comp case that my attorneys faunce,pingel,& singer dropped and I haven't heard from since-1978 case is pemding-anything I can about now?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

I'm sorry to say that if nothing has happened since 1978, then it is too late to file any legal action against the employer for any injury, and it is also too late to take any legal action against the law firm that dropped the ball and did nothing in the case. The statute of limitations in these types of cases are generally between 2 and 5 years ... certainly after nearly 40 years it is too late for any legal action of any kind.

I am truly sorry for the bad news, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know and I will be happy to clarify my answer.

Also, despite the bad news, I would certainly appreciate it if you remember to provide a positive rating via the stars, as it is the only way that I'll get credit for answering your question(s). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.