How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19639
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to deal with employee who filed for disability, has

Customer Question

how to deal with employee who filed for disability, has stopped working but he has a medical plan trough our company for which he pays 50% and he also has a National medical request to pay medical for his children. I have reasons to believe he will not return to work. Can I terminate his medical insurance what about for his dependents- I know I will not be able to recover premiums from him.Thanks
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately, you cannot terminate is his medical coverage if he still employed and paying his share of the premium.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He is not paying his share of the premium plus he just told me he is not coming to work because he will file disability. No paperwork was done for Fmla. He also has child support and a national medical notice to cover his children. How do I stop that- do I give written notice to pay and terminate? Is it ok to ask him directly?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the information.

You need to give him a written notice to pay. Otherwise, his coverage would be terminated.