Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

UI claim code 130/32. What falls under misconduct? I walked

Customer Question

UI claim code 130/32 . What falls under misconduct? I walked out because employer was hostile , yelling and pointing fingers at me,blocking doors for me not to leave when I asked her to call district manager
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time I think at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What do I have to prove to get my benefits
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

You ask: " What do I have to prove to get my benefits." The answer is that you have to demonstrate that no reasonable person genuinely desirous of remaining employed would have done so under the circumstances. In other words, the way that you were treated was so egregious and wrongful that any reasonable person in your shoes would have quit. Based on what you desribe, it seems very possible that you will be eligible for benefits on this basis.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....