California Employment Law

Have California Employment Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer.

California Employment Law

I left my job on Nov 29th 2016. My Question is ; I was

Customer Question
employed at the time when...
I left my job on Nov 29th 2016. My Question is ; I was employed at the time when I earned both a qtr4 bonus as well as a year end bonus. I did not receive either. do I have a right to these bonuses?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ca
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full Time. Not positive about the "at will"?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: California Employment Law
12/20/2016
California Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Can you explain what you mean when you say that you "earned" these bonuses? Did you have a contract that required payment? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All Managers that worked for the whole year are due to be paid a year end bonus.

Thank you very much for my reply, but I don't think it quite answers my question. Did you have a contract that required payment of a bonus in a specific amount? What do you mean when you say that managers "are due" the bonus?

LawTalk, Attorney