How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118722
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was terminated from work. I was on disability,,,, my job

Customer Question

ok. hello.
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I was terminated from work . I was on disability,,,, my job pay 10 when u on restricted duty, so when I got termaneted I was cashed out on vacation... and they whent withb the restricted duty pay to payme
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: californ
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: after working their 8 years I developed back pain developed sciatica . back pain
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you ask for reasonable accommodations from your employer? What is your question for us about the situation?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is it legal to change pay rate on my vacation time pay off. When discharhed from work?. From 15$ to 10... for anu reason
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
No, it is not legal to change your hourly rate on vacation pay unless there is some written employer rule stating that upon termination the unused vacation pay would be paid out at a different rate. If there is no such policy of the employer provided to the employees, then you need to make a wage claim with the department of labor or EDD wage and hour division or you can sue them in small claims for the difference in money due, plus an amount equal to that for damages for them improperly paying you the amount due.